Monday 22 April 2013

Where on earth...

Hello readers!

I won't start this post with an apology as is usual when someone has taken a blog holiday. What I will do, however, is explain where I have been. Last December (2012) I got a job waitressing at a local B&B. I really wasn't very good at it, nor did I really want to be in that career long-term given that I worked so hard in university to achieve a certain dream. The owner decided that whilst I wasn't cut out for waitressing, I had excellent customer service skills - she made the decision to move me over to another company that she owns.

I now, therefore, work for a holiday letting company and in order to maintain some privacy, I will not name them here. I help match people to the cottage they are looking for. As part of my job I also photograph new houses and help with the social media side of the business. I enjoy the social media side specifically - additionally I don't get up for work wishing I could sit at home taking bets with the boyfriend on how much cleavage Holly Willoughby is going to reveal on This Morning today...in the current economic climate I am so thankful for this! As you can imagine, working a full time job (5 out of 7 days including weekend work) means that whilst you are settling in, there is little time for much else and learning so much on a daily basis really takes it out of you. I needed to take a break from blogging so that I could focus on being the best I could be at my new job. Now that I've started to settle in, I'm hoping I will have more time to get into a routine with blogging again.

In other news, I passed my Masters in History with merit!! I was really very proud of myself and my hard work paid off. I fought for those extra two letters after my name more than I've fought for anything else in my entire life. I graduate in July and I can't wait to don that black gown with red and gold edged hood - even that daft mortarboard hat will be worn with immense pride. Two of my closest friends also got married, rather wonderfully to each other! It was a beautiful spring day and the sun shone so brightly. It was glorious. I hope you folks are all well and I hope to 'see' you again soon!

Nicole x

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back, Nicole. Congratulations on the MA and I hope the new job is going well :) I look forward to reading more fashion tips from you.

    ReplyDelete