Thursday 25 August 2011

Hippy Vibe



So, I was nosing around on asos.com (love that site!) when I noticed that you could create your own outfits using items on their site! I had loads of fun with this, but I'm still a novice and being unwell means I have little patience for it today. However I gave it a crack, nonetheless.

I am slightly obsessed with the seventies trend that's been about this summer and so I wanted to put an outfit together which I thought would be pretty, chic, and have a hippy/seventies vibe. I'm all about relaxed, easy-to-wear fashion on an everday basis (that isn't to say I don't love wearing the odd Mad Men inspired dress that I have to catapult my curves into, a lá Christina Hendricks!) and so I wanted an outfit to reflect all of these things. The above picture is what I came up with.

Now, it should be noted, that I do not claim to be a fashion expert. I get it wrong and probably have little in the way of style according to others, but what I do have is guts and confidence to wear a look irrespective of how others would judge it. Although I do appreciate the opinions of others nonetheless. Anyway, the idea is that you would wear the burgundy chords that have a slight flare with the neutral heels as they would provide height and dress them up a little. I would take the scarves off the hat and the trousers and team it with a plain tank top (or strappy top as we tend to call them in the UK) and layer the floral kimono over the top as I hate my flappy upper arms. The bag is because I love structched yet slightly slouchy satchel-esque tan bags at the moment (phew!). The mood ring just reminded me of the spirituality of the seventies and I loved that the stone has an echo of the turquoise colour in the kimono. The necklace also has the turquoise colour in it, which is sort of tribal inspired in design and again reminded me of the seventies as people were into different cultures and exploring their horizons, etc. Yes, this is no doubt the historian in me! Alas, that is the run-down of my choices. You might hate it, which is fine by me. I think fashion is a very personal thing and one persons ideal is another person's nightmare!

Take care until next time. Don't forget you can follow my blog on bloglovin' too!
Nicole x

No comments:

Post a Comment