Sunday 11 September 2011

Galaxy Nails (not chcolate)

Well hello there star-lovers!


There has been a bit of an obsession with galaxy nail art on YouTube and blogs of late and whilst I'm not always one to freely follow trends, I couldn't resist how gorgeous the nail art looked! I gave this a go for the first time yesterday and I think it was a fair attempt considering I'm not a gifted artist by any means. I think a cardboard box has more artistic flair then me to be honest, so if I can do this, you can too! Should you wish to, of course.

So, to the left is a picture of my supernova-bedecked nails and I hope you like them as much as I do. I did forget to use a dark blue to fade the yellow into the black, but I think considering I was entranced by the film Insidious at the time, I can be forgiven for this oversight. Just make sure you do that step as I feel it would be worth it. So, I used Rimmel 'Black Out' polish for the base, Rimmel 'Sunshine' for the yellow, Rimmel 'London Clouds' for the bigger white stars, and the glitter polish over the top made to look like tiny stars is e.l.f.'s 'Glitter Glam'. What do you think of galaxy nails? Would you wear them?

2 comments:

  1. Literally do these nails all the time haha, they're so cool! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! They are so easy to do as well but look so awesome on the nails :)

    ReplyDelete